Friday, November 13, 2009

Mango Spring/Summer 2010: the fashion show!

mango, missatlaplaya

I had never been to a Mango fashion show before, and when I received the invite for the show that was going to take place on Wednesday 11th in Madrid I got very happy because I've always wanted to go to a fashion show that wasn't "by a designer", I mean, when the collections are made by a certain person for their own brand. The philosophy of the brand is totally different if it is a high-street label, and well, I know that I'll probably buy some outfits from the collection when they get to the shops.

I really liked the collection, much more than I had expected. A lot of denim, all sorts of trench coats, paillettes, lace dresses... I'd wear almost everything, except maybe for the jumpsuits. The bad thing as that most of the outfits won't be seen in the shops.

Ariadna, Laia and I took photos at the photocall, it was fun, but it took so much time (almost an hour and a half!) and it was very tiring at the end. I'll upload the photocall photos tomorrow.

The casting was amazing: Snejana Onopka (great), Kasia Struss, Iekeliene Stange, Alyona Osmanova, Jon Kortajarena, Marta Español, Amparo Bonmatí... A very good choice of models. The make-up and the hairstyles fitted them so well.


---------------------------------

Nunca antes había ido a un desfile de Mango, y cuando me llegó la invitación para el desfile del Miércoles 11 de Noviembre en Madrid me alegré mucho porque siempre he querido ir a un desfile fuera de "ropa de diseñador", es decir, colecciones que las hacen diseñadores para su propia marca. La filosofía de la marca es totalmente distinta cuando está destinada a tiendas de "precio asequible", y bueno, por primera vez sé que al menos me compraré algo de la colección cuando llegue a las tiendas.

La colección me gustó mucho, más de lo que esperaba. Mucho vaquero, estampado militar, trench en todas sus variantes, brillos, vestidos inspirados en el encaje... Me pondría casi todo, menos los monos vaqueros, es difícil que sienten bien. La pena es que luego la colección ni se verá en las tiendas, suele llegar la mitad de la mitad.

Ariadna, Laia y yo estuvimos haciendo fotos en el photocall, estuvo divertido aunque se hizo un poco largo (duró como una hora y media!). Mañana os pongo las fotos del photocall.

El casting era muy bueno: Snejana Onopka (increíble en la pasarela), Kasia Struss, Iekeliene Stange, Alyona Osmanova, Jon Kortajarena, Marta Español, Amparo Bonmatí... Una elección de modelos fantástica. El maquillaje y el peinado les favorecía mucho también.


mango, missatlaplaya
Dree Hemingway attended the fashion show as a guest and not as a model, and Tommy Ton (Jak & Jil) was with her too. The whole outfit is from Mango.

mango, missatlaplaya mango, missatlaplaya
The models after the show.

mango, missatlaplaya
Snejana!

The Collection:
mango, missatlaplaya
Snejana Onopka opened the show.

mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplayamango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
Alyona Osmanova, incredibly beautiful.

mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
Kasia Struss

mango, missatlaplaya
I need that skirt/dress.

mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
That dress is so beautiful.

mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
This trench was a "copy" of the Burberry S/S 09 one... well, Mango, I can forgive you because it means that I'll be able to buy it without spending an extraordinary sum of money. /// Este trench era una "copia" de Burberry P/V 09... bueno, te perdono Mango, porque eso significa que me lo podré comprar por un precio mucho más razonable.
burberry, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
Sleeveless trench! It's perfect for those who spend summer in the north.

mango, missatlaplaya
Marta Español.

mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
I love it!

mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplaya
mango, missatlaplayamango, missatlaplaya
all photos by me

No comments:

Post a Comment