Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Buy whatever you want - Clothes repair, yes or no?

clothes repair, missatlaplaya
graphic by me, original image from an unknown source


There's come a moment in which the clothes I buy are not the same clothes I wear. Let me explain it. Maybe when you were shopping you found a very pretty dress but didn't buy it because "it was too long" or "I didn't like the sleeves". Maybe you haven't, but I always see women rejecting things because they didn't like something about it, even though they quite liked the outfit as a whole. If I really like something, I buy it, and I can have it modified later. Now for me the only limit is the money. And well, there are some clothes that would be too expensive to have them mended, like leather. My super grandmother is the one that sews all the alterations.

In fact, I bought a beautiful dress in Zara the other day, made of a fabric that looked like crochet, and it had a "a nun in a convent" air, so I shortened the lenght and the sleeves and now it looks fantastic.

Do you alter your clothes after you buy them? Or do you only buy something if it fits you in the first place?


-----------------------

Ha llegado un momento en que lo que me compro en la tienda no es lo mismo que me pongo. Me explico. Muchas veces os habrá pasado que cuando vais de compras, por ejemplo, veis un vestido muy bonito, pero que "es demasiado largo", o "las mangas no me gustan", y no os lo compráis. A lo mejor a alguna de vosotras no, pero muchas veces veo a chicas desechar cosas porque no les convence algo de la prenda. Si algo me gusta de verdad, lo compro, y ya lo arreglaré. Ahora mi único límite cuando voy de compras es el precio. Y bueno, algunas cosas que no se pueden arreglar, o que saldría carísimo arreglarlas, como entallar una cazadora de cuero. Los arreglos me los suele hacer mi súper abuela.

De hecho el otro día me compré un vestido en Zara precioso, como de crochet, y visto en la tienda parecía de convento, pero hice que me subieran el bajo y me cortaran las mangas y ha quedado fenomenal.

¿Vosotros os compráis las cosas aunque no os queden bien desde el principio para luego arreglarlas? ¿O si no os queda bien lo dejáis directamente?

No comments:

Post a Comment