Thursday, October 8, 2009

Twiggy and Edie's eyes make-up

twiggy, make-up

In terms of make-up, I prefer simple colours, natural and subtle. Nevertheless, I have always loved Edie Sedgwick and Twiggy's make-up.

In Edie's case, I like how she would use eyeliner on the eyelids to the sides of the nose. I might try it, if I'm not too shy. I even have the same earrings Edie's wearing on the picture, so it will be a total look.

edie sedgwick makeup
credit

In fact, I had always thought that Twiggy's famous eyelashes were fake (the kind of eyelashes you can buy at Sephora or Shu Uemura), but what I didn't know was that the eyelashes were actually painted! If you look closely, you'll see that Twiggy's eyelashes weren't that thick and long, it was just eyeliner. Maybe it was obvious and everyone knew it, but when I saw this picture in the "Model as Muse" book (which by the way is a great book, I bought it and the photos are so beautiful), I couldn't believe it. Even though it reminds me of the boy in "A clockwork orange", I think it is a very cute look.

Twiggy's eye:
twiggy, make-up


You just need:


Maybelline new Pulse Perfection vibrating mascara for wonder eyelashes.


credit
Chanel crayon khol.
------------------

En cuestión de maquillaje, prefiero tonos naturales, sencillos y sutiles. Sin embargo, siempre me ha encantado cómo se maquillaban los ojos Edie Sedgwick y Twiggy.

En el caso de Edie, me gusta cómo usaba lápiz de ojos para dibujar una línea en el párpado que se alargaba casi hasta la nariz. Puede incluso que lo pruebe un día si me atrevo. Además, tengo los mismos pendientes que lleva Edie en la foto, así que será un total-look.

De hecho, siempre había pensado que las famosas pestañas de Twiggy eran falsas (de esas que se pueden comprar en Sephora o Shu Uemura), pero no sabía que las pestañas estaban en realidad dibujadas! Si te fijas bien, verás que las pestañas de Twiggy no eran tan largas ni tupidas, simplemente era el lápiz de ojos. A lo mejor era obvio y todo el mundo lo sabe, pero cuando vi esa foto en el libro "Model as Muse" (que por cierto es fantástico, me lo he comprado y las fotos son preciosas), me sorprendió un montón. Aunque me recuerda un poco al chico de "La naranja mecánica", creo que es un look muy mono.

Nota: El libro "Model as muse" lo podréis encontrar en Vips por 19,95€

No comments:

Post a Comment