Monday, October 12, 2009

Shopping coincidences

It is awful when you go to a party and find someone wearing the same thing you are wearing. When I was a kid, I thought that it was cool, like "hey, we have the same t-shirt!" and I didn't understand why people hated it so much. But now I hate it too.

Nevertheless, I love when I buy something and see that a model or a famous person has bought it too. Because of the internet, we know what every celebrity is wearing at the moment. If you think about it, it's strange, I mean, the Olsen have pictures of every outfit they have worn. So far, I haven't bought anything because I saw a celebrity wearing it. The reasons are different, maybe I knew where to buy it but: a) It was too expensive. b) I just forgot to buy it.

The fun thing is that lately I'm seeing everywhere the clothes I have. Some examples:

---------------------
Es fatal cuando vas a una fiesta y te encuentras con alguien llevando la misma prenda que tú. Cuando era pequeña creía que era algo guay, como "Ey! Tenemos la misma camiseta!" y no entendía por qué a la gente le molestaba tanto. Pero ahora lo odio yo también.

Sin embargo, cuando me he comprado algo y veo que una modelo o una celebrity también lo lleva, me encanta. Gracias a internet podemos saber qué lleva una celebrity casi al instante. Si lo piensas, es increíble, las Olsen deben de tener fotos de cada conjunto que se han puesto. De momento no he comprado nada porque una celebrity lo llevara. Las razones son variadas: Quizás sabía dónde encontrarlo pero: a) Era muy caro. b) Simplemente me olvidé de esa prenda.

Lo gracioso es que últimamente estoy viendo por todas partes la ropa que tengo. Por ejemplo:



I bought this amazing vest at Bershka (€19,95) about two weeks ago. It was love at first sight. It is made of a very soft fabric that looks like suede.

Then I was reading El Pais Semanal, when I saw this picture:

OMG! My vest! I loved seeing it on an editorial, it was great, I mean, the things I see featured on editorials are way too expensive for me to own them. The styling is very cool too, though I'm not very sure about pairing a denim jacket with jeans. What do you think? Is it ok wearing a denim jacket + jeans?

I have that denim jacket I bought some months ago at Zara, and I love how it looks with the vest:


You probably remember this vest too (everyone bought it, because I'm seeing people wearing it everywhere).

I bought at Zara it in July. And some weeks later I saw Alix (The Cherry Blossom Girl) wearing it:


I met Clara Alonso in Madrid Fashion Week, and I saw her wearing these Bershka denim leggings, which I had bought several months earlier (I made a post about them and you told me where to buy them). She said they are super comfortable, and she's right!


I don't have a photo, but I bought this cute dress Karlie Kloss is wearing at H&M last year. That same month I saw this picture of her wearing it.


A note:

You see Marina Jamieson's t-shirt? The girl on the photos is her! How cool is it? I love it!

credit: marina jamieson

No comments:

Post a Comment