Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Good things come in threes: Simone Collection, Katie Holmes, and the perfect H&M dress


1. Simone Collection



Let me introduce you to Katie Simone, an actress and screenwriter from Los Angeles that creates amazing designs. Her latest collection features a series of leather jackets (with studs and spikes! They look surprisingly new and original when designed by her), fabulous skirts, dresses (I need the black one with the open back), silk shirts, and fantastic prints. This collection is very important for me because I collaborated with Katie on one of the prints. I did the one you see above, that reads "Il ny'a rien de mieux que me reveiller à tes côtes" ("There's nothing better than waking up by your side"), a beautiful quote chosen by Katie. I'm very happy with the result, and the whole collection is great as well! You can view it here. Oh, and the model is Jane Aldridge, from Sea of Shoes.


--------------
Dejadme que os presente a Katie Simone, una actriz y guionista de Los Ángeles que hace unos diseños fantásticos. Su última colección está compuesta de varias cazadoras de cuero (con tachuelas y púas, y aunque parezca imposible, ella logra hacerlo original y diferente), varias faldas preciosas, vestidos (necesito el vestido negro que va abierto a la espalda), camisas de seda, y estampados geniales. Esta colección es muy especial para mí, ya que colaboré con Katie en uno de los estampados, el que veis en las fotos. Se puede leer: "Il ny'a rien de mieux que me reveiller à tes côtes" ("No hay nada mejor que despertarse a tu lado"), una frase preciosa elegida por Katie. Estoy muy contenta con el resultado, y el resto de la colección es muy buena también. Podéis ver la colección aquí. Ah, y la modelo es Jane Aldridge, de Sea of Shoes.


Jane photos by Justin Coit.


^Katie Simone

2. Katie Holmes (easy to wear)

I had never posted about Katie Holmes before. I like her style, she's always elegant and loyal to her personality. Today I'm posting this photo because it shows how she can wear the most simple outfit and look so elegant. Superga sneakers + Frankie B. Jeans + dark shirt + dark sunglasses= Effortless chic! And Suri looks so cute with that headband.

Nunca había hablado de Katie Holmes. Su estilo me gusta, tiene muy buen gusto y es muy fiel a su personalidad. Hoy quería publicar esta foto, porque muestra cómo puede ponerse el conjunto más sencillo y aún así ser la imagen de la elegancia. Zapatillas de Superga + vaqueros Frankie B. + camiseta oscura + gafas oscuras= Perfección! Y Suri está ideal con esa diadema.

3. The Garden Collection by H&M, or the perfect dress.

*Edit: Link to the dress // Link a la imagen
When I saw this dress in Glamour US (I bought the magazine at the airport, due to the five hours delay of the plane), I knew it had to be mine. It was so beautiful. And it was only 39,90€!! Even though the dress was sold out all over the country (even the shop assistants told me not to keep searching for it), I miraculously found it under a pile of clothes next to the fitting room. It was one size bigger, but I didn't tried it on, as the queue for the fitting room was neverending, and I never try the clothes on until I get home. I rarely have to return clothes to the shop. It's like a sixth sense, I know when something will look good on me and when it won't. But this time, I had doubts. Had it been an impulsive buy? Would that skirt with volume look good on me?... Fortunately, the dress looks great when worn, and I just have to retouch the top, which was too wide, as it was one size bigger than mine. The "3D" flowers look dreamy, the tone of red is just the perfect colour, and the quality of the dress is remarkable. Well done, H&M. I can't wait to wear it.

------------------

Cuando vi este vestido en Glamour USA (me compré la revista en el aeropuerto ya que el avión iba con cinco horas de retraso), supe que tenía que ser mío. Era tan bonito... ¡Y valía sólo 39,90€!! Aunque el vestido estaba agotado en todas las tiendas de España (incluso los dependientes me dijeron que dejara de buscar), encontré uno milagrosamente bajo una pila de ropa junto al probador. Era una talla más, pero no me lo probé, porque la cola para el probador era eterna, y no me suelo probar la ropa hasta que llego a casa. Casi nunca tengo que devolver nada. Es como un sexto sentido, sé lo que me va a quedar bien y lo que no antes de probármelo. Pero esta vez, tenía dudas: ¿Había sido una compra demasiado impulsiva? ¿Me quedaría bien el volumen de la falda?... Afortunadamente, el vestido queda fantástico puesto, y sólo tengo que retocar la parte de arriba, que es un poco ancha para mí. Las flores en "3D" son preciosas, el color rojo es justo del tono perfecto, y la calidad de las costuras y de la tela es bastante buena. Bien hecho, H&M. No puedo esperar a ponérmelo.

No comments:

Post a Comment