Monday, April 19, 2010

Books that talk about fashion (in some way)



I love reading books. If I find a good one, I read it in a couple of days, and when it's over, it's sad.
Here you have a list of books about fashion.

- Devil wears Prada, by Lauren Weisberger: If you are reading this blog, you've probably read the book and watched the film twice at least. To be honest, it's a brilliant book.
- How to walk in high heels, by Camilla Morton: It's not a masterpiece, but it's entertaining. A guide to everything. She gives all sorts of tips, like how to buy nice curtains, how to mantain a garden, or how to help an ill person. It's actually quite useful.
- A girl for all seasons, by Camilla Morton: 365 days of tips, quotes, advice... I liked the other one best.
- Catwalk cats, Grace Coddington: the drawings are very cute, but the story was a little boring in my opinion. Maybe I wasn't in the mood when I read it. Anyway, I love Grace Coddington!
- Secrets of the model dorm, by Amanda Kerlin and Phil Oh: Interesting. It gives you a sincere idea of what it is like to be a young model.
- Gossip Girl, by Cecily von Ziegesar: The books are WAY better than the series, even if the series are fun too. I read all of them, they are addicting. Do you know if "The Carlyles" books are good?
- Marie Antoinette, The Journey: I know it's a biography, but it has a lot of costume description. I wanted to read it before I watched the movie (the Sofia Coppola), and I hardly had time and stayed until late for several days. I highly recommend the book.
- Queen of Babble: the books are fine. The main character wants to be a wedding dress designer. The author is Meg Cabot, which is one of my favourite "teen" writers ever. She's so clever and funny. She wrote "The Princess Diaries".
- Style A to Zoe, by Rachel Zoe: Entertaining, but not worth the buy.

Books about fashion I want to read:
- House of Versace: The Untold Story of Genius, Murder and Survival, by Deborah Ball
- The beautiful fall: Lagerfeld, Saint Laurent, and Glorious Excess in 1970s Paris, by Alicia Drake
Do you have a favourite one?
-------------------


Me encanta leer. Cuando encuentro un libro bueno no lo dejo hasta acabarlo, y da pena cuando se termina. Aquí tenéis una lista de los libros sobre moda que he leído:
- El diablo viste de Prada, Lauren Weisberger: Si estás leyendo este blog, lo más probable es que hayas leído el libro y que hayas visto la película dos veces por lo menos. Para ser sinceros, me parece un libro absolutamente genial.
- How to walk in high heels, de Camilla Morton: No es una obra maestra, pero es entretenido. Una guía para todo. Da todo tipo de consejos, como la manera de elegir unas cortinas, cómo cuidar un jardín, o cómo atender a una persona enferma. Es bastante útil y curioso.
- A girl for all seasons, de Camilla Morton: 365 días de anécdotas, citas, consejos... Me gustó más el primero.
- Catwalk cats, de Grace Coddington: los dibujos son una monada, pero la historia me pareció un poco aburrida. Quizás no lo leí en el momento adecuado y no me gustó. De todas formas, me encanta Grace Coddington!
- Secrets of the model dorm, de Amanda Kerlin y Phil Oh: Muy interesante, te da una visión sincera y cercana de lo que supone ser una modelo joven que empieza.
- Gossip Girl, de Cecily von Ziegesar: los libros son mucho mejores que la serie, eso que la serie tampoco estaba mal. He leído todos, son adictivos. ¿Sabéis si la colección de "The Carlyles" merece la pena?
- Marie Antoinette, de Antonia Fraser : Sí, sé que es una biografía, pero habla mucho de los vestidos y la ropa que llevaban en el siglo XVIII. Me propuse leerme el libro antes de ver la película (la de Sofia Coppola) y como casi no me daba tiempo me pasaba todo el día leyéndolo sin parar. Os recomiendo el libro.
- Queen of Babble, de Meg Cabot: La protagonista quiere ser diseñadora de trajes de novia. La autora es Meg Cabot, una de mis escritoras "teen" favoritas. Los libros de "Diarios de una princesa" son suyos también.
- Style A to Zoe, de Rachel Zoe: Entretenido, pero tampoco es para comprárselo.

Quiero leer:
- House of Versace: The Untold Story of Genius, Murder and Survival, de Deborah Ball
- The beautiful fall: Lagerfeld, Saint Laurent, and Glorious Excess in 1970s Paris, de Alicia Drake

¿Tenéis algún favorito?

No comments:

Post a Comment