Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Favourite Christmas Movies

Christmas is, along with summer, my favourite season of the year. Being with the family, friends, neverending dinners and parties, watching movies when it's freezing cold outside...

Here you have some of my favourite Christmas movies:

The Holiday

I had never seen a cuter Jude Law. I mean, he cries all the time, he has two daughters, he's rich, he's an editor, he can sew, and he has sense of humour! Nancy Meyers has created the best male character for a romantic comedy ever.

Nightmare before Christmas

'What's this?' Who doesn't remember that song? When I was a kid, that film used to scare me, but I watched it non-stop anyway.

Love Actually


Probably the most unrealistic Britain's Prime Minister that I've ever seen. Really? Hugh Grant? Hahah. But the rest is totally ok. It's not my favourite film, but I enjoy watching it from time to time. And Keira looks amazing in this film. And the love declaration scene is the best written ever. Did you know that for her one-minute cameo, Claudia Schiffer received a reported £200,000?!?!? That's crazy.

When Harry met Sally

One of the best comedy scripts ever. The dialogues are so witty and funny.

The Family Stone

I love this movie. Even though I HATE Diane Keaton's character. I can't stand that stupid mother she plays! And I usually love Diane Keaton's characters. Nevertheless, I highly recommend this film.

Edward Scissorhands


A classic

Murder by death

This is not a "Christmas movie", but I watch it every Christmas as a tradition. It's one of the most hilarious films I've ever seen. Truman Capote acts in it!

Bridget Jones's Diary (Part I)

I quite like this movie. It seems that Hugh Grant and Colin Firth always get the same movies, hahah. Oh, but the second part is AWFUL.

Sleepless in Seattle

Not my favourite Tom Hanks + Meg Ryan film, but it's cute.

I know I didn't add Home Alone, or Die Hard... I only wanted to put my favourites into the list. I think I forgot some films...

Which are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment