Thursday, January 29, 2009

Loewe Playing Cards: The best gifts always come in little boxes

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They say the best gifts always come in little boxes. That is, a ring. But in this case I couldn't be happier, a friend of mine just gave me these playing cards with the image of Loewe and pictures of Kate Moss and some articles fron one of their collections. The people of Loewe gave them to her mother at a Loewe presentation years ago. I love them, they will be great for playing at the beach with Jacqueline Kennedy-esque sunglasses or by the swimming pool. Imagine, "what is in your bag?" "A bikini, sun protection cream, a towel, a pair of sunglasses, and Loewe playing cards...." How cool does that sound? Nevertheless, I don't know if I will be capable of taking them outside my house... I could lose one card and it would be a total disaster. And they look brand new (those white stains are done on purpose)... I want to play poker with them but I don't want to damage them. Ok, one time won't hurt...


I don't know which collection it is, and I don't know when these were made, so if someone know, please tell me!

Edit: Thanks to the anonymous reader and Mr Q, these cards are from the 1999/2000 collection and the images were taken by Mario Sorrenti. You guys know everything! Haha, thank you so much.

---------------------------


Dicen que los mejores regalos son los que vienen en cajas pequeñas. Es decir, un anillo. Pero en este caso nada me ha hecho más ilusión que este juego de cartas francesas con la imagen de Loewe, en la que aparecen Kate Moss y varios artículos de una de sus colecciones pasadas. Digo pasadas porque no sé qué colección, ni de qué año son estas cartas, me las ha regalado una amiga sabiendo que me gustarían. Me ha contado que se las regalaron a su madre hace años en una presentación de Loewe en Madrid, así que son 100% exclusivas. Si alguien sabe de qué año son, o quiénes son los dos hombres que aparecen, me encantaría saberlo.

Son perfectas para jugar en la playa con unas gafas de sol estilo Jacqueline Kennedy, o al lado de la piscina... aunque no sé si me atreveré a sacarlas de casa, no quiero que se estropeen, están tan nuevas... (las manchas blancas están hechas a propósito, son así). Tengo unas ganas de jugar al póker de pronto...

Actualización: Gracias al comentario anónimo y a Mr Q, que me han dicho que las cartas son de la colección 1999/2000 fotografiadas por Mario Sorrenti. Muchas gracias! :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments:

Post a Comment