Friday, January 30, 2009

Inspired - Margot Tenenbaum and Sofia Coppola

Today I went to the hairdresser and had my hair cut like Margot from The Tenenbaums
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I love this film. I remember seeing it for the first time with a friend and totally hating it. She really liked it, and I thought she was crazy. I used to tell everyone that was the worst film in the world. That suicide scene with Luke Wilson had gotten stuck in my mind and I couldn't forget it.
But then I watched Life Aquatic, and I adored it. So I thought to myself: "If it is the same director, and the actors are great (Gwyneth Paltrow, Owen Wilson, Bill Murray...)... it has to be a good film" So I rented it and watched it again. And I loved it. I understood the characters, and the aesthetic of the scenes. It was brilliant.

My favourite character was Margot, who writes plays at the age of twelve, smokes since then and wears a fur coat. Who doesn't want to be like her?
I have already talken about her (a little) here.

I highly recommed you to read this fabulous series: "relooking des héroïnes de notre enfance" by The Cherry Blossom Girl, a look on the most inspiring characters in film and literature.
---------------------------

Me encanta esta película. Recuerdo que cuando la vi por primera vez con una amiga me horrorizó. A ella le gustó bastante, y me acuerdo que pensaba que estaba loca. Le solía decir a todo el mundo que ésa era la película más mala del mundo, y que nunca la vieran. La escena del suicidio con Luke Wilson se me había quedado grabada y no me la podía quitar de la cabeza.
Y entonces vi Life Aquatic, y me pareció genial. Así que pensé: "Si es el mismo director, los actores son muy buenos (Gwyneth Paltrow, Owen Wilson, Bill Murray...)... tiene que ser una película buena también" y la alquilé de nuevo, años después. Y me encantó. Comprendí a los personajes y al fin aprecié la estética de las escenas. Era genial.

Mi personaje favorito es Margot, que escribe obras de teatro desde los doce años, edad en la que empezó a fumar, y lleva un larguísimo abrigo de piel. ¿Quién no querría ser como ella?
Hace tiempo hablé sobre ella en este post.

Recomiendo con insistencia que leáis "R
elooking des héroïnes de notre enfance", por The Cherry Blossom Girl, una recopilación de los personajes más curiosos e inspiradores del cine y la literatura.

Miss Dior Chérie making of
From Vogue Paris February 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment