Monday, March 8, 2010

Things on my mind: "I'm not there" movie, and "Moose" magazine



I watched "I'm not there" at the cinema yesterday. I really liked it, even if I'm not an expert on Bob Dylan, I enjoyed the film. Nevertheless, if I had known more about Bob's life, I'd have understood more parts of the film, like the one with Richard Gère, which was so original and mysterious. Cate Blanchett was brilliant playing Bob, and Heath Ledger too. I loved the part with Christian Bale and Bob's problems with the press.

It is a film that makes you think about the personality (and personalities) of a person. How people can change with the time, but still remain the same, and how people often misinterpret the actions of a person. That phenomenon was portrayed in the film in an exquisite way: every actor played a different Bob, under a different name, but you could still see something in common between the six portrayals. I read this on IMDB: "The much more complex answer is that none of the people are Dylan, or, in a poetic sense, even people". Interesting, huh?



My favourite quote: Bob (in Cate Blanchett's part) is being surrounded by journalists and papparazzis. One of them asks him: "A word for your fans!" and he answers: "Astronaut!". It made me laugh.






Moose!


Moose is a magazine created by Marina Jamieson (model) and Rocío Mena. It is a place to read about beauty secrets, insider interviews, beautiful editorials... You can read it here.

There is a video directed by Vincent Lacrocq, starring Bárbara García. The cinematography is quite amazing. I like all the little details (the water drops, the sounds...)

The video: (screencaps)



Some photos from the editorials:


No comments:

Post a Comment