Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Drawing fashion: Fantastic illustrations by Óscar Tusquets



I love art. I loved the Art History classes at school, it was really interesting knowing about the different styles and all the terms and influences around the pieces. I like many different styles, even though I admire Mondrian, the type of paintings that I most enjoy are the realist ones. The angle and the colours seem to be taken from a photo, but you can see the brush strokes and the technique used.

So when I saw these Óscar Tusquets illustrations in Marie Claire Spain April 2010, I inmediately fell in love with them.

-----------------


Amo el arte. Me encantaban las clases de Historia del Arte en el colegio, era muy interesante aprender los diferentes estilos y las influencias alrededor de las obras. Me gustan muchos estilos diferentes, y aunque me gusta Mondrian, los que más me atraen son los cuadros realistas, donde el ángulo/encuadre/estructura y los colores parecen haber sido sacados de una foto, se pueden apreciar las pinceladas y la técnica.

Así que cuando vi estas ilustraciones de Óscar Tusquets en Marie Claire España Abril 2010, me enamoré enseguida de ellas.




This piece is called "Testing Manolos in NY": "A girl wearing jeans and sneakers by Stella McCartney sees if she can wear a pair of Manolos at the Blahnik boutique"



scanned by me from Marie Claire Spain April 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment