Sunday, August 2, 2009

Beauty tips from a professional

beauty, make up, missatlaplaya

I rarely post about make-up, because I must say that I'm still a "beginner" in terms of knowledge. So when Mirtire contacted me, I asked her to guest appear at Miss at la Playa. She nicely accepted and here you have some of the most useful tips I've ever read.

Something about Mirtire:
She lives in Krakow in Poland, and works as a make-up artist for Next Models and also as a freelance. She has worked for M Models and Mango Models, and nowadays she also partners with with polish photographers and stylists like Andrzej Grabowski, Tomasz Karcz or Zmełka & Pirowska, and other private clients. Visit her blog here.
HER INSPIRATION:
Usually when I work I have to express a certain concept of the show/publicity/foto/whatever and I want to make people in it the most beautiful in a frame of the producer's conception.
Also, when I work with a private client I listen to their wishes and needs and I make them look gorgeous. I like bringing up the personality of my clients into their looks.
So... I'm much more into inside colours than outside. Even if it is big show with many girls and one look I still try to make it a little bit personal on everyone.
I take relaxation from nature, art, books, movies but the inspiration I take it's only from people around me.

beauty, make up, missatlaplaya

SUMMER COLOURS:
There is one summer colour and it is bronzer in powder. Better with shimmer but not sparkly!
Use one for body and another one for face and neck. There isn't a good one for both face and neck, whatever they say.

THE BEST COLOUR FOR THE EYES:
Eyeliner for every eye! Black sharp minimalistic or 50' 60' 80' style! I love it! It will suit you on the beach and in the city- day and night.
On hot days use only a waterproof one and doublewear it with a layer of black pencil before using the eyeliner.

beauty, make up, missatlaplaya

THE STEPS:
Always keep your skin in shape- drink water, use tonic, use facecream, use UV ecran all year, two times per week use peeling or a cleaning mask, especially on the jaw line.

1. Base.
2. Foundation
3. Corrector (nose wings, under the eyes, smile lines)
4. Loose powder (better if it's transparent)
5. Eyes (black pencil and eyeliner)
6. Mascara (yes, black)
7. Eyelashes (use a curler and colourless gel)
8. Blush (cheekbones & temples)
9. Bronzer in powder (mixed with some blush, apply it gently all over the face, ears included)
10. Spray rose water (all over the face from a distance of 25cm. The make up will stay forever)

beauty, make up, missatlaplaya

USEFUL TRICK:
-Always mix more than two different mascaras. I use two or three black (for volume) and sometimes I apply another colour on the end of the lases for a deeper look.

Thanks Mirtire!

images scanned by me from Vogue Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment